"If I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me." ~ Psalm 139:9-10

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quotes of the Week 1

I approach the tables of goodies that make up the snackbar at the school's nightime football (soccer) game.
Student 1: Oh, Miss House!
LG: What?
Student 2: [leans over to friend] That's Miss STEINHOFF!
LG: [blank stare]
Student 3: NO you guys! That's MISS GORDON.

hahahahaha I was so amused. I told the third student to find me on Monday and I'd give her a housepoint. LOL

In the bajaj, Erin was on a roll after her Kiswahili lesson of the week.
Erin: [to the driver] Sisi ni walimu hapa. [We are teachers here.]

Later, in another bajaj.
LG: Tell him your line! Say your line to him!
Erin: [to the driver] Sisi ni walimu hapa. [We are teachers here.]


Bajaj driver has had enough of our grammar.
Erin: Unajui?
Driver: [laughs]
Erin: ... unajui ...
Driver: [kinda laughs]
Erin: ... unajui ...
Driver: [sternly] unaJUA
Us: Ohhhhhh

Jen M. walks up with a pretty gift bag.
LG: Ooo, what's in the bag?
Jen: Cheeeeeese!

No comments:

Post a Comment