"If I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me." ~ Psalm 139:9-10

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Just a Great Day

Great things happened today that made it a really good day here in TZ. An especially welcomed event since Dave left yesterday and it could have been long and sad.

A brief list:
  • Went to "Swahili church" for the first time. Mbezi Chapel, just a short walk down the road. It was great. Felt God, felt love, even if I didn't understand the sermon. Hooray for understanding some of the songs though!
  • Opened up a bag of Pepperidge Farm double chocolate milano cookies my grandma and poppy sent with Dave. Sooo tasty.
  • Spent time with Marie, a friend and former housemate who I always feel blessed to be around.
  • Enjoyed the breeze in the bajaj during the ride to Sea Cliffe.
  • Ate celery for the first time in six months!! My favorite vegetable that I thought was non-existent here. Alas, I found it in the chicken salad I ordered at Africafe. DELICIOUS!
  • Purchased and successfully downloaded Britney Spears' new album "Femme Fatale." Finally figured out the loophole on how to get music here since iTunes hates me: Amazon.com. Yay!
  • Completely splurged and had not one but two mocha frosties w/ hazelnut.
  • Heard from Dave via text saying he was in DC ready for the last two legs of his journey home.
  • Now unwinding with a quiet night at home with power. A good day. No, great day.

LG

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Lg, I seriously teared up on this post. You teach me so much. I can just picture you there in Africa, experiencing all that God has planned just for you. The thing is, you are so receptive to it. you HEAR Him. You inspire me my friend. Love you lots.


    Britt

    ReplyDelete